Level 3 Diploma in Complementary Therapies
This VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Complementary Therapies is ideal for those beginning their holistic journey. You will learn a comprehensive platform of skills & knowledge which will lead to becoming qualified & insurable within the beauty & holistic industry.
There are many employment options from this course including the following:
- Self employed great if you want to work from home or rent a space & you can choose you own wage
- Salon or spa employment
- Freelance work
As you work through the course you will begin to learn what type of therapist you want to become, this will then lead you to decide what progression routes you want to take.
- Further holistic courses for example Indian head massage, hot stone massage, hopi ear candles or pregnancy massage
Syllabus & pre-course requirements
Along your learning journey you will cover
- Anatomy & physiology theory, assignment & exam
- Principles & practice of the treatment theory & assignment
- Business practice assignment
- Body massage therapy theory & techniques including assignment, case studies & assessments
- Aromatherapy therapy theory & techniques including assignment, case studies & assessments
- Reflexology therapy theory & techniques including assignment, case studies & assessments
You will be required to do some learning prior to commencing your course & complete 2 of your assignments to be submitted on the first day. Supporting material is provided to help you with this.
Your classroom learning will focus on anatomy & physiology theory & treatment theory & practice.
Case studies & revision to be completed outside of classroom hours.
- 1 day a week (9.30am-4.00pm) or 2 nights a week (6-9pm)
- 30 weeks consisting of:
- 9 weeks theory (massage), 4 weeks theory (reflexology), 5 weeks theory (aromatherapy) = 18 weeks
- 2 weeks of practical pre-assessment per unit = 6 weeks
- 2 weeks of practical assessment per unit = 6 weeks